Friday, May 4, 2007

Road Trip Day #3

I've been meaning to blog about my road trip for the past few days. I'm on my way to Idaho to stay with my family for a few weeks before going to the east coast for grad school. The plan is to get a sample of the west coast before leaving this side of the country. I left San Diego on Wednesday, and headed for San Francisco to visit with my Uncle Jeff for a couple of days. My favorite place I visited while there was the Golden Gate park. The park was HUGE and so beautiful I couldn't stop taking pictures. Here is one picture, the others will be posted soon under Tara's Photo Gallery (link on the sidebar).




This morning, we woke up early and headed to Calistoga in Napa Valley for a spa day. It was a little spendy, but WELL worth it! We went to Calistoga Spa and Hot Springs for a mud bath + 1/2 hour massage. Yes, I said MUD BATH!! And to prove it, here is a picture of me and Mary bathing in mud (composed of peat moss, clay, mineral water, and something else I can't remember).



The mud was 104 degrees and we could only stay in for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, we rinsed off and bathed in mineral water with peppermint mineral salt for another 15 minutes. Then we went in a steamy sauna and after sweating out every last toxin our bodies could possibly maintain, we were wrapped up in blankets while we waited for our masseuses to come and give us massages. This was my very first spa experience I'm already an addict!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,
What a funny picture. It made me laugh. I appreciate your yest for life. I love you! Dad

Unknown said...

Hey Tara,
You have a fun blog going. It sounds like your road trip was a lot of fun. Are you home now? You're assignment to work with mentally ill adults sounds sounds like something you will really embrace as a challenge. I bet it will be a life impacting experience.
Take care, Danni

JLTR said...

omg. tara, dont take this the wrong way, but that mud bath looks like manure from back when i was a kid in oregon. hahah! i love it! i want a spa day too!!!!

Ken Tennyson said...

Yo Tara, when you going blog again?!?