Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Extended Vacation


I was excited to find out today that I won't be starting my placement until September 17, since this arrangement was so last minute and my background check won't be complete until then. That means I get an extra two weeks of vacation time!! I have been bored out of my mind just waiting for news the past few weeks. So I decided to have some fun with my extended spare time. My friend Loreen and I are making plans to hike a section of the Appalachian Trail, either in New Hampshire or Maine. Today we are going shopping for our necessary supplies and food, and we will be departing Boston sometime this weekend. I am soooo looking forward to this trip! I'm sure I'll have a lot to say in my next post about my five days spent in the mountains!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! When I saw this picture, I knew I had seen it before. Jeff has the same picture from when he and buddy's from the Army hiked the whole trail! Took them 6 or 7 months! I have always wanted to frame this pictures. It's so beautiful. I am happy for you and all the adventures you are taking. Life is too short not to enjoy God's beautiful creation. I just love the area you live in, I keep treasing Jeff that someday I would love to take in Church in the east! We shall see! Take care Tara,

April