Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tara the temporary Bostonian

I found out this week that I get to stay!!! What a relief. I got a new placement at a day treatment center here in Boston. I'll be doing group therapy with adults with mental illness and addiction. Right up my alley! I went to the center today to meet my supervisor and the other clinical staff. Three members of the staff were previous interns at the center, which I think is a good sign. I was a little concerned about the commute, but I was pleased to find today that it is only 40 minutes, not an hour like the transit website predicted.

Now that I know where I'll be living for the next 10 months, I finally get to buy a bed, groceries, and a monthly transit pass! Oh, the small things in life...

1 comment:

Robin said...

We are all so relieved as well to know you finally have a placement and you don't have to relocate. Again.
I will be praying that this internship will be one of extraordinary learning experiences for you. That it will cause you to stretch and grow and learn in ways you didn't know you could. I'm proud of you my girl!