Saturday, August 18, 2007

Moving to Boston

So I still do not have a field placement. The school has contacted most of the supervising agencies in the Boston area, and none of them are able to take me. We are waiting on an answer from Massachusetts General Hospital right now. The supervisor is on vacation and will return on Monday. If this supervisor agrees to take on the responsibility of another student, then I will still have to interview for the position since it is a placement for a second year student, and I am only a first year student. If I get this placement it would be an amazing experience, as I would be challenged to do more than if I were in a first year placement, and this hospital is a nationally renowned training hosptial for Harvard (as was my placement I lost).

The dorms closed today and I had to move out regardless of my lack of placement. I had several people offer to let me stay with them temporarily, but I decided that since I have paid for August's rent at my new Boston apartment, I would just move in and hope for the best. I felt really good about my decision, maybe too good. I arrived at my new apartment last night and feel so at home here. My roommates left me a card in my room welcoming me to the apartment, along with hand drawn maps of the area. A friend and I walked around the area last night and got a bite to eat. There are several cute little shops and restaurants and coffee shops right around the corner from my apartment. And I'm in the city! I can breath again! I'm a little concerned that I am too happy living here, since I could very well have to pack up and move accross the country again next week. But here's to hoping!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Tara Jo! It was great to hear from you! Im excited to keep more in touch now! Love Ya Lots!
-Mindy

Robin said...

Tara - We are in practically round the clock prayer mode for you here. I just know this is all going to work out for good.
You sure do have some interesting experiences, my girl! Think of all the stories you will be able to tell someday!

Ken Tennyson said...

Tara, good luck with the move. I know you will make the most of whatever situation works out. Later, Ken