Thursday, August 9, 2007

A bit of disappointment...

Well, its finals week in social work school and I have written more papers than I'd like to remember. Everyone around me is busy making final plans to relocate to their field placement destinations. I was one of these people, working out living arrangements and travel details. Until Monday when I found out that my supervisor had gotten sick and I would no longer be able to do my field placement at Cambridge Health Alliance. And today I found out that there were no field placements left in Boston, so I would have to go somewhere else. And I have to do this by next week. I am trying to stay positive. Trying to see good in the placements I have been offered in other, not as exciting, cities. But I'm really bummed. All of this summer I believed I had one of the best placements the school offers and to top it off I found a great apartment a few blocks away. Now I have to break the lease I just started and make travel arrangements to start a placement that I am just not excited about. Its hard to make sense of some things in life. I guess I have to let go of the idea that things are supposed to always work out for me. So I'll keep you updated...who knows where I'll be living next week...

1 comment:

Ken Tennyson said...

Tara, you have a real nack for finding enjoyment in wherever you live, so I am sure it will be a good experience. I hope we can work out a visit soon. Ken